Friday, August 29, 2008

Nong Khai


who laughing now?
Originally uploaded by deepwarren
We spent a day at Nong Khai, which is a border town between Laos and Thailand. It was a rather sleepy little scrappy number, but it had very fine food. Lots of river prawns, and seafood cooked on the open grill. Fish cooked in salt (we didn't get time to try that) and this rocking little seafood curry sold in a banana leaf basket for 30 baht. We were recovering from the train ride, so aside from wander about the markets and river side of town, we didn't do too much exploring.

Saw a Buddha! Another one!

I asked these people sitting in the back of the van if I could take their photo- which they thought was just hugely funny. So much so, that I took one fast snap, did the nop (head nod of hello/goodbye/thank you) and bolted embarrassed. Sometimes it happens. I haven't gotten into photographing people this trip. There has been so many tourists about, and the industry is so geared to westerners everywhere, that it seems a little rude to be snapping the people as well.

I'm sure I will get over. It could have been a rocking shot, if I was a little closer, a little steadier and concentrated just a touch. The light was right..

No comments:

Post a Comment