Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I got my full license


car stencil newtown, originally uploaded by deepwarren.

I went and did the last of my drivers tests - the dreaded DQT, and passed! Yah! I promptly went and and brought a 5year license so i won't have to step foot into the RTA for ages and ages.. and they have given me the very worst photo i've ever seen of me. No retake. Nothing! Even my hair looks bad.
Flat hair.
Funny expression. and about 70yrs old.

But i have my license - i can now drive and drink! Whoot!

*for anyone who wonders what the big deal is - to get your full license in Australia now you have to sit a learners test, followed by a yr drivers test, followed by a hazard perception computer test, a year later, and then another one about 1.5 yrs later - it takes like 3 years to get to the full license, and 2 speeding tickets will demote you back to no license.

I've had one speeding ticket for the last year, so have spent the last 12 months on ONE point.. hoping that I don't hit any strange speeding cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment