Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lady in coat


balcony pictures, originally uploaded by deepwarren.

She's coming along, although I think I prefer the dark gloomy vibe rather than the bright blue that's sneaking in from the top. At the moment I'm gettting into her feet. It's the yellow light behind them. I'm working on top of a cheap canvas I brought at Recycled Garabge (a re-use co-op) for $3. It seems a little rude to paint over another painting, but really that's the risk you take. Nobody ever has quite the respect you think they would.

I started working on this and realised that I own no big paintbrushes. It's handy to vary the size of yr stroke. Stops everything becoming a bit same-same.

So wandered off to the artstore and discovered that even the cheap arse big brush was 60 bucks. Well. Brought a much cheap, slightly smaller weird looking one to try out for $16. Seemed more sensible. Am considering new and exciting ways to justify buying expensive paintbrushes. The normal way would be to sell a bloody painting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment