Friday, June 27, 2008

the bumps of dignity

I promised you, that I would write a blog entry on the conversion of DrP and I to gym bunnies. It seems hard to picture, I know. We're working towards the bit were we look like confident long-legged gym bunnies, rather than our present more stumpy rabbit in the headlights stare/glare look I've got going. I'm firmly believing that even yr most toned gym bunny had to start from a lesser point. Surely they can't all be genetically gifted! Although watching a young long-legged thing striding around this morning, I did have my doubts. Tried to take comfort in the fact that even her friend thought she was a twat, but it's hard to see that as a downside when she's sporting about 5ft of leg and gazing dramatically into the mirror.

Aside from that, we do get the added fun of taunting Rubbish over his purchase of gym membership, but no actual going to said gym. This taunt appeal to the Scottish blood in DrP who is working on a theory that he'll only feel better about having to shell out money once he gets each visit down under what it would normally cost him. At the moment each visit has cost him $65. He revises this each time.

And everything has been fine so far - it's been just over 2 weeks, and gone about 8 times. DrP has managed to get me to do weights and it's not so bad. Except my legs hurt. In all the strangest places, and I'm not liking it too much. That, and the scientist in DrP wants to map and chart progress, and the like .. and quite frankly, I'm horrified. It seems sensible, but the idea petrifies me.

Anyway Rubbish is coming to watch rugby, and I've gotta go to yoga and shopping. Later Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment